IAWHP Interest Groups
IAWHP Interest Groups provide a forum for members to access subject matter experts who focus on specific worksite health issues and solutions. IAWHP's Interest Groups include:
- Building a Culture of Health
- Mentoring Students and Career Development
- Worksite Wellness Implementation Strategies
- Fitness Centers in Health Promotion
Benefits to interest group participation include:
- Quarterly conference calls to share ideas and gain new insights
- Opportunities to connect with subject matter experts and practitioners with similar interests
- Ability to share challenges and problem solve with colleagues
- Access to in-person meetings at the ACSM Health & Fitness Summit
Interest Group FAQs
- What is an interest group?
IAHWP Interest Groups are a member benefit. They are free, periodic, and on a variety of topics for personal and professional development of IAWHP members.
- How can I connect to an IG meeting?
A standardized GoToMeeting is used for all IAWHP IGs. Interested members need only respond as directed on the promo to receive connection details. Connection is best done via computer, headphones and mic but can be done by telephone (there may be charges for long distance on your phone bill). Telephone numbers by country will be provided.
- May I participate in an IG if I'm not an IAWHP member?
Yes, but only for the "Mentoring Students and Career Development" for the first event participation. This is intended to be an introduction to the IG and IAWHP.
- What is the format for the IG meetings?
Most are informal meetings where, after a brief opening, an agenda may be worked down into a discussion. Some events use PowerPoint, attachments and links to stimulate the conversation and provide valuable resource materials as part of the IAWHP Mission.
- Am I able to ask questions specific to challenges here in my program?
Yes. Most of the information IAWHP IG meetings allow time to "brain-storm" solutions to WHP challenges.
- When are IAWHP IG events held?
Each of the five IAWHP IGs meeting quarterly. View the individual IG meeting pages via the link above for future dates and topics.
For additional questions or information related to Interest Groups, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.