US National PA Plan
IAWHP is pleased to be recognized as an "Organizational Affiliate" of the Plan!
All Americans are physically active and live, work, and play in environments that facilitate regular physical activity.
Develop a National Plan for Physical Activity that produces a marked and progressive increase in the percentage of Americans who meet physical activity guidelines throughout life.
The National Plan for Physical Activity will:
- Make a compelling and urgent case for increasing physical activity in the American population.
- Provide a clear roadmap for actions that support short and long term progress in increasing Americans’ physical activity.
- Develop strategies for increasing physical activity in all population subgroups and reducing disparities across subgroups.
- Create a sustained and resourced social movement that provides for ongoing coordination, partnerships, capacity building, and evaluation.
- Develop new and innovative strategies for promoting physical activity.
- Undergo periodic evaluation to assess achievements in increasing physical activity.
BUSINESS & INDUSTRY SECTOR OF THE PLAN-
The plan consists of eight key sectors, including a Business & Industry Sector. This sector focuses on information on worksite health promotion and manufacturers of products impacting physical activity. View complete information on this sector.
Want to Get Involved?
The plan organizers have provided several opportunities for organizations, companies and individuals to get involved. Visit the plan website for involvement ideas.